Sunday, November 7, 2010

Need to shake things up? Start with footwear...

First things first, HOORAY for daylight savings. Sitting in old man sweatpants and UGG slippers at 1:15 in the afternoon watching an under-rated chick flick (Made of Honor), is slightly less lazy and worthless than if it were 2:15 in the afternoon.

Do I need to spice things up? Some would say yes. Ok, that's a unanimous yes. The funny thing is I've been thinking the same thing -- about my wardrobe. I have been trying to invest in classic pieces that will last forever, but lots of "classic" can tend to be... bland. I've found myself really drooling over some of the more bad ass booties from the Fall 2010 runways. Buckles, shearling and platforms, I can't get enough. So should I take the plunge or wait for the longing to pass?

Even Tory Burch has abandoned preppy4ever with the Oren bootie, that was featured in just about every fashion magazine:
Who put that twig in such a gorgeous Burberry shearling boot??


And of course, Alexander McQueen went for more biker chic:
By some cosmic coincidence, I happened to stumble on three pretty fantastic look - a - likes, all on the ALDO website, all around $100!!
This one might by my favorite! Sure, the shearling and open toe doesn' t make a ton of sense, but the two-tone, buckles, zipper, and shearling combo makes it a perfect hybrid of all three booties.
Almost identical to the Alexander McQueen! Maybe with new tough-girl shoes, it will whip the rest of my butt into shape...


No comments:

Post a Comment