Thursday, May 13, 2010

Fromage -- DIY: Baked Brie Bliss

Before I move on the the next trend, I have noticed that this blog has become fashion heavy, and no one likes a one-note blog.

So i've decided to share my favorite (and so easy) BAKED BRIE recipe that will be sure to keep you in fromage heaven, and invited to every classy party in need of bangin hors d'oeuvres.

Buy:

- wheel of brie. I would recommend the normal variety (although triple creme is the most delicious to eat plain) for melting purposes, and make sure to use a wheel (not slice) because it's imperative there is a rind encompassing the cheese
- 2 cannisters of Pillsbury cresents
- blackberry jam (raspberry could work too, or chutney if your particularly refined)
- honey
- brown sugar

Make:


(pre-heat oven to 350, and spray cookie sheet with PAM)
1. explode cannisters of pillsbury crescents, pinching together the serration marks so you have one large piece (depending on your size of cheese wheel, you might not need to use all of the dough)
2. place wheel of brie on top of dough
3. spread jam thoroughly on top of brie wheel
4. begin to wrap up the dough, completely covering the cheese. it should look like a thick frisbee made out of dough.
5. drizzle honey on top, and sprinkle brown sugar
6. put in oven for 25-30 minutes but this is the tricky part - you want the outside to be a golden brown, but also for the cheese to get nice and melty. SO just keep an eye on it and when you see the color right, take it out and test. Let it cool for 10 minutes before serving (so it isn't too melty and pees every where like what hapened to me once).
7. STUFF YO FACE AND FIGHT OTHERS OFF WITH YOUR KNIFE, BECAUSE IT'S THAT DELICIOUS.




13 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that looks and sounds so good!! I will for sure be making this soon and I'm sure my tummy will be thanking you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW can not wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you forgot a key ingredient in this. Add some chopped, candied pecans to this recipe, it is to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What do u serve it with?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have it this is really good. thanks for the receipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutneg on top and use apple pie filling instead of jam. Serve with toasted bread, wheat crackers or a very buttery cracker..

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is delicious as an appetizer served with a variety of crackers, like Ritz or Triscuit, whatever your favorite cracker is. I prefer honey or brown sugar with walnuts or pecans to the jam ingredient, but to each his own. You can actually bake this in foil to hold it together and avoid the crescents all together, but it is not as pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This will be my first time working with brie. My husband bought me a wheel of it and I will use it for this recipe. Thanks for the recipe/idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you all enjoyed making (and more importantly EATING) this delicious recipe as much as I did!! Another new recipe today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy Moley, can't wait to try this out on my friends, I am sure we will all be feeling like we have reached heaven.

    ReplyDelete