Thursday, May 20, 2010

Her Name is Taylor, and She's a Sequinaholic.

[Editor's note: This is not a spring trend, but a celebrity habit I felt needed to be acknowledged. Also, I love Taylor Swift in regards to music. But this isn't a music blog, now is it.]

We get it taytay swift, you like sequins. But you're an actual star now with grammy's and cma's by the boat load. Just thinking about all the high end clothing you're turning your nose up at because it doesnt resemble a disco ball makes me sick. Like to sparkle on stage? Fine. Are some of these gorgeous dresses? Yes. But wearing head-to-toe sequins everyday isn't your "signature". It's excessive.

Think I'm being dramatic? "taylor swift sequin dress" had 31,900 matches on Google. Boom.





Bored yet?








And this is only like .000001%. I did the math.





Did your stylist take the day off, Elle? Cause I think I've seen this look before....




and shame on you, InStyle. You're better than that.


Maybe Taylor will read this one day, and it will change her sparkly little life...one day. But until then, let this be a cautionary tale - try new things, mix it up - Even sequins flop when they become predictable.

No comments:

Post a Comment