Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fashion -- Hair Flair



Aahh Hair Flair. It always fits, can mask greasy hair, and has kept me stylin from formals to interviews (maybe that’s why I’m still jobless?) Most know that I’m indecisive with a capital I, but the headband MIGHT just be my favorite accessory. Luckily for all of us, hair flair has moved away from just CK Bradley and tortoise shell, and onto embellished pieces that can make an outfit.

Hair flair first started to pop up on the runway last spring in shows ranging from Marc Jacobs to Alexander McQueen. Soon the headband was Blair Waldorf’s signature piece, the trend’s fate was sealed.

Below are a variety of styles, and some of
my favorite headband moments EVA:

Eva Mendes at the 2009 Venice Film Festival

(btw when I googled Eva, the 3rd most popular match was “eva mendes nipple calvin klein”… wtf?)

Blake Lively/Serena of Gossip Girl at the Annual White Party in the Hamptons… lookin BANGIN


Nicole Richie's own "head-dress" design


ScarJo does couture, and the hippie-dippie crown

Or if you're blessed with dexterity and ambition, use your own hair!! Uggghhhh Sienna I want to be you.


So you’ve joined team Hair Flair? Excellent. Welcome to the winning team. Here are great places to peruse and PURCHASE:

Anthropologie, J.Crew, Urban, (love this one), and Top Shop.


p.s. Any good moments I missed??

1 comment:

  1. Inserting hair flair can make simple hair transform to a extraordinary one. This is the best accessory to have...

    ReplyDelete