Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Fromage –- Cheesegasm in NYC

While my family was in NYC this past weekend, my sister selected the “Artisinal Bistro” for our Easter Bunch. The French restaurant is described by Gourmet magazine as “cheese intensive” and repeatedly by my father as an “O-mage to Fro-mage” (he repeats things until he gets a sufficient laugh). So to say I was excited is a massive understatement.

Although we were sans mimosas, because NYC doesn’t serve alcohol till noon (lame), my family did manage to order a-plenty. First, we started with a cheese platter (a mini wheel of goat, sharp cheddar, and a fruity blue cheese), and freshly made beignets, then moved on to Quiche, Eggs Benedict, and Almond Croissant French Toast for my parents and sister respectively.

The real star of the meal was my Croque Madame (sort of an open faced French grilled cheese with gruyere, ham, and a fried egg on top), satisfying my cheese fetish and clogging my arteries all in one delightful sandwich. The bread was still crispy, and the cheese melty -- Happy Easter to ME.

Not ridiculously priced, I would recommend to all (except my dear friend Tracy, who’s a cheese-a-phobe). There is a whole fondue section of the menu that got me aroused.

Check out the menu here, or just drool over that picture of the cheese bomb/French onion soup on the main page...

No comments:

Post a Comment