Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Always Down for a Good Romp

I dont know what it is about summer and rompers but... I'm hooked.

For those of you who are doubting thomases, they are just like dresses in the throw-on-and-go-yet-still-look-polished department. They're unexpected and sassy, with some kind of retro vibe going on. I think most of these look best belted, thick brown leather if it's casual, skinny and metallic if you want to dress it up. Most of these are also cinched or fitted to your actual waist, which makes the legs long mile-long (yesssss!)
By now the trend has run rampant so there is a cut, color, style, price, and print for everyone!! Some of my favorites below:
One of the prettiest colors this spring (looks even better with a tan, and I am crazy about the oragami twisting. The pockets are an exciting bonus as well! Urban Outfitters, $38.

In my Top 5 looks for summer. Love the hat, the hair, the coral color, the scalloped lace cutouts around the leg... wouldn't you walk by this girl and think, "I wish..."

Urban Outfitters, $38.


A chic, and updated alternative to a white summer dress. Made out of eyelet lace with an adorable keyhold back, I'm sure this number is selling like hotcakes on Ruelala


With some silver ballet flats and long draped cardigan, this navy silk romper from TopShop could be worn to Sunday brunch



Some fantastic layering by Madewell that I am eager to try this fall




One shoulder, floral, ruffled, breezy. $19.90 at FV21, it remains unclear to me why I haven't nabbed this already.



Grab a Nautical romper from Topshop, perfect for a summer party with some navy espadrilles and gold bangles


I am DYING to try the jumpsuit -- sleeker, sexier, older sister of the romper. And this corseted black number by Cynthia Vincent would be a phenomenal place to start. Just dream about the endless accessory possibilities....


Throw on some brown strappy wedges, or even some silver gladiator sandals and BOOM - phenomenal outfit.


Tibi romper in "flame", with some lacy back flare. Everyone say Oooohh...

Aaahh...

One of the only ways I would be down with this Tie Dye trend. From a great site called Lulus.com - only $34!



I LOVE this one. So much that I almost don't want to tell you where it's from. For fear I'll die of envy when I see one of you out there wearing it....
ugh ok fine. It's also at Lulus.com, $33.

Grey draped romper by Elizabeth & James sort of has a Grecian vibe...
(Mary Kate & Ashley's line continues to impress me)




Be wary of the fantastic romper only if you are faint hearted or small-bladdered - remember that these bad boys have to come allll the way off before you can pee. Awkward to manage in a bathroom stall? Sure. Worth it? Totally.

3 comments:

  1. Combining the lessons i have learned here i just made my first Ruelala purchase - an adorable French Connection romper!! I can't wait to get it in the mail!

    THANKS CHLOE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESSSSSS good for you!! can't wait to steal it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the madewell one the black striped one and the urban one.

    you're not gonna address how difficult it is to go to the bathroom while wearing one?! tips?

    ReplyDelete