Friday, June 11, 2010

Ruelala? More like WOOOOOOLALA!!!

I sure that most of you know what Ruelala is. For those of you who don't, I will try and come up with adequate words to describe: bliss. mixed with adrenaline. mixed with IS THIS FOR REAL???

Someone woke up one day with the genius idea to create a website where women can shop online, as they would at sample sales. Every day, new designers are posted and their clothes stay on the website for exactly 3 days, and you can opt to get emails daily letting you know which designers are being featured.
And don't even get me going on the prices. "Sample Sale" didn't mean a lot to me but 75% off DOES. I actually couldn't beleive my eyes - most things you find will be well under $100!! The only catch is that similar to a sample sale, there are a limited amount of each item, so you have to be on your game to make sure all of the best stuff doesn't get grabbed (to be honest I don't see this as a catch at all, more like mixing shopping with some sort of competitive sport).

Below are the gems I've found on Ruelala...and I've only been a member for 2 days.
American Apparel B&W tube dress: $22. This tribal print is insanely perfect for summer. Cover up (if you're shy) with anything from a denim jacket, to a long pashmena.

Max and Cleo dress: $49. Love, Love, Love. Liz - this is a great alternative to the draped one shouldered blue dress you loved for the wedding!!





BUFFALO top, $29. Love the colors in this and check out the funky back...




Jeffery Campbell shoes: $69. This turqoise would brighten anything from a LBD to blue jeans, and the slight wedge gives your legs a boost. The perfect solution to the getting old gladiator sandals. (They also have these in tan leather, that would go with a-ny-thing)



Geren Ford Top: $39 Bottom: $45. I would never be able to decide between these two pieces. And at these prices, I might not have to!! The draped top could spice up a penical skirt for work, and the skirt is SO much more flattering than the ruffled mini's that are taking over the world... and it's actually not even gray, but really fine black & white stripes.


VIX dress: $99 (instead of $282!). I think this is supposed to be a cover up, but I really don't care. If I had a quasi - formal party this summer, I would snatch this up in a heartbeat. The color blocking, the open back, the beadwork, a little leg ...sigh. Maybe I'll get it anyways. You know, just in case.





Ruelala is "invite only" which really means nothing, other than that you need a friend to refer you. So comment or send me an email if you want in, and I'd be happy to invite you to this little slice of web retail heaven!!

**Note: Gilte Group is a similar site and great alternative. I found it slightly harder to navigate, and more high end designers, but the rush is the same. Add it to your bookmarks too!

4 comments:

  1. Invite me. Please and thanks! Ebony loves this btw...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Invite me tooo!! this blog is going to be so bad for my savings account!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.ruelala.com/event/product/22535/1411609607/1/DEFAULT

    I waaaaaaant it.

    -hg

    p.s. ideeli is ok as well

    ReplyDelete