Thursday, June 24, 2010

You'll Thank Me Later Thursday: Stanky Shoes

So the other day when I sat down at my desk after lunch, I slipped off my favorite silver ballet flats only to come to a horrifying realization. Along with the 105 degree summer heat, comes sweaty feet, and... stinky shoes. Panic-stricken that surrounding cubicles would catch a whiff, and even more devastated I might have to toss my favorite flats, I did some research online. I was debating between some powder and those little plastic balls that allegedly smell like "sumer breeze" when my boyfriend let me in on a secret:

Put your shoes in a plastic bag, and throw them in the freezer. Leave them in their over night and the sub-zero temperature will kill all the bacteria (gross) and your shoes will be stench free. And just like that, new life for your shoes! Before you get all freaked out by the sanitary aspect, if your shoes are sealed nicely in a ziploc, it's totally safe. Plus, you won't pull a Lindsey Lohan and walk around with "powder" coming out of your shoes.

In the spirit of my jubilee, I've decided to add a favorite tip or trick of mine once a week called, "You'll Thank Me Later Thursday". With any luck these tricks will be new to you, and totally life enhancing! But it's up to you what you do with this information: pass it on, or keep it to yourself - it could be nice to be the only girl around whose feet smell like roses...

2 comments:

  1. cute idea! also throw a sheet of bounce in each shoe. bounce surprisingly does so many things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be afraid of ruining my shoes with the moisture from the freezer. Try stuffitts. They are filled with ceder chips and remove the moisture that causes the odor.

    ReplyDelete