Monday, June 14, 2010

Maddie K goes Jackie O

So to continue on the everyone-else-seems-to-have-more-happenin-and-glamorous-social-lives-than-I-do rant, I got a text from my sister today, telling me she has been asked to be a date to her (sometimes) boyfriend's dad's political fundraser gala in Boston. I didn't hear anything but "gala", and turned gren with envy when she spilled the details: 4 course dinner, wine tasting, dancing and cigars. (Remind me to get into politics...) The text was a bragging/outfit advice two for one, and we soon decided on a fabulous black and mint green H&M dress that has been worn everywhere from a college formal, to the Opera Garnier in Paris. As you can imagine, it's a statement dress, but we decided to go more Jackie than Marilyn, so accessorized with hair up, black flats, and pearls.

Had I the money and time to dress my sister for this amazing evening, I would have gone with one of these numbers below. The key? Start with a LB(or white)D in a different sillhouette, then accessorize with bright jewels and fabulous shoes -- Keeping it covered without feeling too Barbara Bush.
Look #1:
(my absolute favorite)
Lela Rose open back dress



(love)


Anthropologie necklace


Kate Spade Ring
BCBG Watercolor heels





Look #2:

(Jackie would be proud)

Black & white dress, Anthropologie


Triple strand of pearls, vintage Chanel


Badgley Mischka heels


Look #3:

(Would look amazing on Maddie)

Turquoise teardrop earrings, Anthropologie

Black taffeta dress (with pockets!), See by Chloe


Gold bracelets, all J.Crew, worn stacked or divided up between wrists




BCBG gold braided slingbacks (nice and low!)

Have a great night Maddie! And don't worry, I'll fill you in on the Bachelorette.


1 comment:

  1. Very cute chlo-ho. You may have to do a "first day of med school" outfit for me. In fact- I have a dilemna for you- I have a 30 min walking/biking commute to school and I don't want to wear sweats and sneakers everyday but I find that a lot of flats are uncomfortable- any thoughts on commuter friendly fashion?

    Also, saw that Lela Rose dress- did you know she does a line for Payless? I thought that these flats were kinda cute:

    http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?skuId=077448065&productId=67134&subCatId=cat220004&catId=cat10088&lotId=077448&category=&catdisplayName=Womens+

    -hg

    ReplyDelete