Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New & Improved Pucci?

An important part of establishing yourself as a designer is creating your personal "aesthetic" (the things you learn after 7 seasons of Project Runway). For famous design houses that aesthetic can evolve and change, but for others, they stick to what has made them a success. Most of you I'm sure know Italian designer Emilio Pucci for his bold, bright, swirling prints, that made him a sensation in the 50's and 60's. I am still a huge fan of his printed scarfs and bikini's that are sure to turn heads (and empty wallets):




But more recently as I've been perusing People.com, I have consistently stopped on celebrity's dresses for an "ooohhh i love that" moment, and am continuously suprised to find that these women are wearing Pucci. Whether an unconscious decision, or Pucci has hired a new designer in their atilier, I am impressed. Pucci is turning out sleek, fresh, and flattering designs that are unique enough to turn heads. And not one "psychedelic" print! Some of my favorite dresses:


Rachel McAdams looks better than ever in this plunging white (shoulderpadded? i dont hate it.) dress at her premiere of the Time Traveler's Wife last year. Wish I could be you.

Zoe Saldana in a sleek balck beaded mini at the '09 Star Trek premiere (wouldn't mind nabbing those shoes, either)


I never ever thought these words would escape my lips, let alone be written down for others to see but... Fergie looks amazing. Well Done, Pucci.


Eva Longoria at the 2010 Cannes Film Festival. one shoulder? check. Tiered ruffle train? check. coral accessories? check. White Hot? CHECK.


Dree Hemingway (granddaughter of Hemingway) at the 2010 Cannes Film Fesitival.


Kate Hudson at the 2010 SAG Awards. i am such a sucker for an open back dress, and this one is to DIE for:


I will be on the look out for less expensive copycats of these dresses for you know, my next red carpet gala... Join me?

1 comment: