Friday, June 4, 2010

Man in Kitchen Yields Great Success

I have admittedly been on an online shopping binge (but not really shopping, cause I don't have the funds to purchase) recently. I think I just love any event in my friends' social lives, as it gives me an excuse to pick out some excellent pieces. However, in order to shop, you need sustenance - preferably healthy sustenance so you can fit into the clothes you just purchased, right?

I want to dedicate this post to my boyfriend, who has been spending some of his new found post-grad free time in the kitchen (lucky me!). An athlete and alpha male, Tyler found some great recipes in Men's Health that were restaurant classics, but better for you and maintaining that bod. About a week ago we whipped up one of the best meals I've had in a while: home made crab cakes, grilled tuna skewers, and asparagus. The most impressive part? How few calories are in these dishes that pack a serious punch!

Recipes for tuna skewers here, and crab cakes here. Asparagus were broiled with a dash of olive oil, lemon juice, and s&p. Salad was a simple green salad with balsamic... and ta daaaa!





(Burned) Thumbs up from the chef!


Have a wonderful weekend everyone, I hope you enjoy your seafood spread as much as I did!

1 comment: