Monday, July 19, 2010

Buhut Oh... those Summer Niiiiiiiiiiiiiights

For some reason, the summer time has a way of making me reminisce. Childhood trips to the beach, popsicles, bike rides, any summer spent not in the office now seems so blissful and far off. (Mondays are my Debbie days, bear with me...)

So this past Saturday night was exactly the nostalgic evening I needed. After much begging, my boyfriend humored me and took me to the local drive-in movie theater... who knew those still existed!! Because I am a complete airhead, I did not bring my camera despite all the exciting things that needed to be documented -- like the best mullet ever.

I have tried my best to re-create the perfect summer night date with the following montage:

Time of the movie showing? An ambiguous "dusk". We drove Tyler's SUV and took out the back seats and rolled down the windows. Lying down while a breeze came through was about the most enjoyable way to watch a movie ever. Anticipation grew before the start of the movie, so when it was finally sufficiently dark, everyone honked in excitement:
What to wear on such a casual a summer date!! I've been admiring boyfriend jeans all summer, but bepfre i purchased I decided why not test drive an authentic pair? I belted a pair of Tylers and rolled up the cuff, and was more than satisfied. I paired the laid back, (SO COMFORTABLE) jeans with a girly red top complete with bow, and some embellished leather sandals:





Timeless cinematic masterpiece it was not, but the disney Harry Potter knock off was good mindless fun, especially while enjoying....


A massive tub of buttery popcorn, gallon of soda...
...lounging on some blankets in the fresh air.



And there was a suprise stop on the way home -- after a secretive phone call, Tyler confirmed that the HOT NOW light was on at the nearest Krispy Kreme. Another first for me, we began a race against the clock to get there before closing.



Then this happened. Times 2. A donut lover since the womb, there's really nothing that can beat a donut that's so fresh, the sugary outsides actually melt in your mouth.




Disney movie? check. Spending a warm night in the (kind of) outdoors? check. Junk food of the sweet and salty variety? check. Acquire a new pair of jeans? CHECK. Chalk it up as one of the best summer nights in recent memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment