Friday, July 9, 2010

Walk a Mile in More Comfortable (and stylish!) Shoes

Dedicated to one of my brainiac friends, who has decided to attend a prestigious medschool institution in PENNsylvania next year...

My dear Hayley, who was really the brains behind my passing (and even slight enjoyment) of AP Bio in high school, will be hoofin it to class next year. She loves her feet, and I love her green decision to walk, but of course there was the obvious conundrum -- cute but comfortable footwear. Just because she's studying to be a doctor, doesn't mean she needs to sell her soul to the devil (Crocs) just yet.

Flats are the obvious answer, but that is kind of the easy way out. Plus, flats can be too thin, rub your heels, and make your feet stink.... ok so I'm partial to heels. Sue me. But I really pushed myself to do some research despite my personal preference (pat self on back).

Here are 3 brands that I know from experience have really been focusing on comfort in their designs:

Sofft: The double f leads you to believe the brand is scandanavian or at least european, but the warehouse is based out of andover, MA? awkward...
Anyways 2 years ago I bought some black ankle booties from the line and they are the mose comfortable heels I have EVER OWNED. bar none. Their designs have manageable heels, and the soles are made out of something squishy so you can walk around all day/night with feet that are deliriously happy. Imagine how comfortable their flats must be...
These shoes are not that cheap, but are worth every penny -- the slightly higher price tag means quality and more importantly, happy feet!
T-straps are so lady-like, and these neutrals will go with everything, including brown tights this fall!


Wonderfully preppy, and coral is sure to put a pep in your step. If you've got sufficient pep, these come in 4 other colors...They also look sturdy enough to outlast any ordinary ballet flat:





Basic go-with-everything wedges, made by the most comfortable shoe brand? Sold.



Cole Haan: Mr Haan has teamed up with tennis pro (and hottie) Maria Sharpova to design footwear named "Air", a granddaughter (or cousin?) to the Nike brand. I have not personally given this a spin, but the designs are much more attractive and current than most "comfort" brands which usually are synonomous with "fugs"":

I love the ankle cuff on these, and the cream would make anyone's tan pop
These come in every color imaginable, including 2 varieties of snakeskin. That serious sole and elastic heel look very promising.

These are an awesome alternative to gladiators, and I have black patent sandals that I wear ALL THE TIME. They're dressy yet comfortable, go with everything, and your feet enjoy a breeze.

Baby heel and platform cushion make these a comfortable option should you want to spice it up to class one day... or out at night? You'll be skipping at the end of the night while everyone else stumbling.



Nude color goes with everything, and I think I would like these with black tights too...

Before you say "Sandals aren't for fall", 1) If you are in this heat wave right now, you don't want anything to do with closed toe shoes, 2) Theyre on sale!! wooooooo, and 3) worn with jeans or long pants, these will get you through September

Aerosoles: Always been known for casual comfort, I was underwhelmed by their flats selection, but honestly shocked when these embelished wedges caught my eye -- you can almost SEE the cushion from here!! Wedges are undoubtedly the most comfotable heel, so I think these would be an excellent pick up:






Hoped this has helped you a tad, and all I ask is an occaisonal text on the way to class this fall when you think, "WOW are these clouds on my feet?? Silky pillows?? Man, am I happy with this purchase."

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. Just bought myself these shoes:

    http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3073145?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=shoes:women:sandals%2Fslides&cm_ite=sofft_'palermo'_slingback_sandal:279752_1&cm_ven=Froogle&mr:trackingCode=1238BB5C-77DB-DE11-9DA0-002219319097&mr:referralID=NA

    Thanks Chlo!!

    -h

    ReplyDelete