Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Suprising Shoes News

You know what I love? A good suprise. And I had two "Well whatdoyaknow /whowouldathunk" moments yesterday when perusing the big summer sandal sale at ideeli (rue lala spin off, let me know if you'd like an invite).


Moment #1.




I really had a strong distaste when "Jelly" sandals allegedly came back in style. Why would I ever want to spend money on shoes that were openly made out of transluscent, neon plastic? All I could think about was being 7 or 8 years old, and digging through a big bin of plastic sandals with my sisters at the Gap every summer. "Jellies" to me belong with the gingham overall shorts I rocked when I was 8, not for grown ups.

BUT then I saw these flats from Steve Madden's most tasteful spin-off label, Steven. They're not exactly sandals so they don't seem so juvenile. The embellishment I love, and these would be a great alternative to flip flops at the pool, or walking around in the summer. Theyre a spruced up version, but the neon options let you know theyre not taking themselves too seriously. And for $27? Don't Mind if I do.








Moment #2.

I know Jack Rogers sandals are "classic" but I've really never been able to justify dropping $100 on sandals that I'm iffy about. I've heard theyre comfortable, and I know theyre in the preppy handbook, but why? The woven leather kind of looks navaho? And just because you make them in a zillion colors doesnt fool me, it's still the exact same sandal? I dont know people, they look great on my Mom and my preppy-til-she-dies sister, but theyre not for me.

UNTIL.

Someone at over at the old Jack Rogers design house challenged us non-believers by creating new shoes for fall that are... actually cute!! Still identifiable as JR, but with obvious, and welcome variety. They're on ideeli for just over $100, but with a reputation for well crafted footwear, I'm sure they're worth it.




No comments:

Post a Comment