Thursday, July 29, 2010

YTML Thurs: A Minty Fresh Secret

I grew up with two sisters, all of us very close in age, and one thing my mother was a stickler about was clear skin. We tried every brand and cleanser under the sun, even carrying those "Stridex" wipes around in our soccer bags to prevent a post practice pimple. Regardless, we were hormonal teens, and pimples happen. My mother swears by a "hot compress", but I've only found one thing to zap a zit quickly: toothpaste. I dont know what it is about the chemicals, but if you put it on your pimple before bed, you will wake up with a significantly smaller and less red bump. Every time. I would stick to the most basic kind you have by your sink (not sure what the super whitening kinds would do to your skin, plus travel sizes or the generic stuff only costs about $0.89). And don't apply if you've already popped -- it burns. Sorry if this got a little graphic, but smooth skin is totally worth it. And remember Mean Girls?? Boys are into the minty fresh scent!!

1 comment:

  1. Toothpaste (paste--not the gel kind) can also be great at removing tarn from silver. I've found it's even more effective than silver-cleaning products.

    ReplyDelete