Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Source of Inspiration Slash Uncontrollable Jelaousy?

.... These pictures of Blake Lively shooting Gossip Girl in Paris. Eric Daman (the show's insanely genius stylist) has really out done himself here. Yes Blake has a rockin bod, and yes, her golden locks resemble that of a grecian sun goddess, but I really think these looks can be acheived in by us common folk. (And what's that you say? 2 of the 4 looks have HATS? iiinteresting...) Blake, I would kill to have your life. That's not a threat. I'm just saying.


from L to R:


I absolutely love the bright green of her maxi dress, and how the ruffles make it more soft and feminine, less hippie dippie. The brightly colored sandals and classic hat complete the look.


Where to start on the second outfit? The silk, blush, high waisted, wide leg trousers? That incredible grey bag? The chunky green necklace and peekaboo bra/bathing suit top? Gimme them all. This look is pretty grown up for Serena, she looks elegant and sexy, and she's for once not in a skin tight mini dress!!


The third outfit is going to be a huge inspiration on how I'd like to stretch my summer clothes to fall. I love a good flirty mini dress, and paired with a blazer it's a little more coverage, and some more structure (the key for fit: try and find a longer blazer that just grazes the hemline of your dress, it makes the look less corporate, and more pulled together). I am working on finding my perfect fedora, and although i do not have the legs of a slender baby fawn, I am into those nude colored oxfords.


Once you get past the insane color of those cropped blue tuxedo pants, check out the shoes. Who would think bejewled pumps could actually enhance a gold sequined jacket? Not I. Something Serena's obviously picked up from the French? That chic chignon, that lets us focus less on her golden waves, and more on her incredible designer ensemble.


I dont mean to gush, but you have to admit there is a certain art to the way some people can pull together different pieces. And when you are a style hero like Eric Daman and have access to all the most amazing designer's colelctions in the world? Game over. I have so much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment