Thursday, July 1, 2010

You'll Thank Me Later: Greasy Hair Edition

Don't think I fogot what day it was.... You'll Thank Me Later Thursday!!

I love sleep. Can't get enough of it. Sleep can actually morph me into a different person, depending on how many hours I log. Over the years I have done just about whatever necessary to grab an extra minute or two -- lay out clothing, eat breakfast in the car, and of course, shower the night before. I know, i know, you don't look your best, but the choice between an extra 15 minutes of sleep, and whether or not somone at work thinks my hair is a little limp, is really a no-brainer.


A trick I've picked up along the way? If you get up and look at yourself in the mirror and think that your mane is flirting with slighty-greasy-and-might-need-a-shower line here is a great solution: baby powder. Sprinkle some in your hand, turn your head upside down, and then run the powder into your roots (where the oil starts). Keep repeating till your hair looks and feels lighter - the powder magically freshens your locks!


Even if you are an early bird, hair experts do say that you're not supposed to wash your hair daily, as it strips your strands of natural oils. This trick can help tide you over! Now if word could only get back to poor J Simp...


1 comment:

  1. And a tip for those who aren't blessed with blonde hair (as the light color of baby powder might show through), I've heard of people using bronzer... obvi don't use the expensive kind but something cheap to make that extra "shine" disappear!
    <3 Alex

    ReplyDelete